15-20: King prawns
1: small packet: Cashew nuts
5 sticks: diced: Celery
2: peeled: diced: medium: Carrots
1: diced: medium: Onion
1/2 inch: peeled: grated: Ginger
1 clove: finely chopped: Garlic
1/2 tsp: Sugar
Light soy sauce to taste
1. Parboil the carrots for 2 minutes.
2. Heat a hot wok (very hot) then add oil.
3. Stir-fry the prawns first then add the garlic, ginger and onions.
4. After a few minutes add the carrots, celery, sugar, light soy sauce and stir-fry until everything is al dente.
5. Right at the end, add the cashew nuts and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
This is so easy and so different from the typical stir-fry and definitely my favourite. I like to add a a splash of white wine or dry sherry after step 3. What makes this so special are the 1cmx1cmx1cm cubes of veg and the moon-shaped prawns and cashews. What a beauty. Serve with boiled rice, naturally.